The Organization for World Peace (OWP) research and reporting division (OWPR) is seeking Editors to assist in the publishing of current events articles pertaining to conflict and peace. This position requires a candidate with strong writing and editing skills. It also requires a good understanding of effective reporting techniques.
About the Organization for World Peace Research division
The Organization for World Peace Research (OWPR) documents and writes reports on various global issues that threaten world peace with a focus on issues that require international cooperation, arguing for peaceful, non-combative solutions to complex problems. In this regard, the OWPR seeks to reroute the general thinking that humanitarian crises requires armed military interventions and move this way of thinking towards strategic problem solving. The OWPR conducts research on current events related to international armed conflict, civil war as well as the military response from the international community. Published media typically involves data collected about civilian casualties, financial costs, the usage of underage combatants (child soldiers), and information regarding internally displaced people. The goal of our research is to spread awareness on the negative impact of war as well as the ineffectiveness of combative strategies in dealing with these issues.
Overview of duties:
- Edit and proofread articles for the organization’s website
- Publish materials online
- Ensure proper formatting of current events articles
- Liaise with the Chief Editor to ensure that the quality of articles published by the organization is met
Overview of requirements:
- Minimum completed high school education; preference will be given to recent graduates and undergraduates currently enrolled in degree programs that involve journalism, communications, professional writing, creative writing, international relations, political science, or any other relevant field
- Work experience is not required for this position; training will be provided to successful candidates
- Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to provide careful editing and proofreading of articles being submitted for publishing on the organization’s website
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to work independently
Note: this position is voluntary.
Email your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.