Media and Marketing Correspondent – Media & Marketing Division
The Organization for World Peace (OWP) Marketing and Social Media division is seeking social media marketers to assist in the publishing of current events articles pertaining to conflict and peace. This position requires a candidate with strong knowledge of social media websites such as Twitter and Facebook. It also requires a good understanding of effective marketing techniques.
About the Organization for World Peace
The Organization for World Peace documents and writes reports on various world issues that threaten world peace with a focus on issues that require international cooperation, arguing for peaceful, non-combative solutions to complex issues. In this regard, the OWP seeks to reroute the general thinking that humanitarian crises requires armed military interventions, and move this way of thinking towards strategic problem solving. The OWP conducts research on current events related to international armed conflict, civil war, as well as the military response from the international community. Published media typically involves data collected about civilian casualties, financial costs, the usage of underage combatants (child soldiers), and information regarding internally displaced people. The goal of our research is to spread awareness on the negative impact of war as well as the ineffectiveness of combative strategies in dealing with these issues.
Overview of duties
- Publish material directly to the Organization for World Peace’s Facebook & Twitter accounts
- Researching new ways to market and spread content published by the Organization for World Peace on social media
- Create interesting and thought provoking captions for tweets and articles published on Facebook
- Share and tweet articles from partner organizations and other organizations with our common goal
- Liaise with the Director of Social Media to ensure that published content is being marketed effectively
Overview of requirements
• Minimum completed high school education, preference will be given to recent graduates and undergraduates currently enrolled in degree programs that
involve marketing, communications, journalism, professional writing, creative
writing, international relations, political science, or any other relevant field.
- Work experience is not required for this position, training will be provided to
- Excellent English language writing skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently.
*This position is unpaid
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, only short- listed candidates will be contacted.