The OWP’s Crisis Index
The Crisis Index is designed as a central source of information for ongoing crises across the globe. It provides an overview of various crises, the key actors involved in them, their effect, and a timeline of events pertaining to the crises and their development. The index offers readers an easy way to expand their understanding of existing crises, as well as outlining the key problems that lead to crises.
The Crisis Index is continually being developed and updated, which is why we are always looking for new people with expert knowledge of crises to assist us in improving this vital source of information.
The Role of Crisis Index Analyst
Crises Index Analysts are assigned to a sub-region within the Crisis Index and are responsible for managing their allocated conflict/crisis. They will need to consistently monitor and analyze crises, trends and urgent issues in their sub-region on a monthly basis, and will function as the stewards of their Crisis Index pages. Analysts will be required to submit Monthly Update Reports to the Crisis Index Director and Coordinator.
- Monitor crises, trends and urgent issues in the allocated sub-region;
- Report updates and constantly seek ways to improve content within the Crisis Index;
- Provide monthly reports to the Crisis Index Coordinator and Director;
- Research and create new Crisis Index pages relevant to the allocated sub-region;
- Attend monthly meetings with the Crisis Index team to share insight and analysis
- *Write and publish bi-monthly reports on their sub-region to the OWP website.
If you have relevant knowledge of a particular region and are interested in being an Analyst for the Crisis Index, please email our Crisis Index Director at email@example.com.
Please note: this is an unpaid position.