The Organization for World Peace (OWP) research and reporting division (OWPR) is seeking a talented individual to assist in the management of the OWP’s European division. The position requires a candidate with strong leadership and management skills. It also requires a good understanding of effective reporting techniques, and an understanding of issues pertaining to peace and conflict.
About the Organization for World Peace Research division
The Organization for World Peace Research (OWPR) documents and writes reports on various world issues that threaten world peace with a focus on issues that require international cooperation, arguing for peaceful, non-combative solutions to complex issues. In this regard, the OWPR seeks to reroute the general thinking that humanitarian crises requires armed military interventions, and move this way of thinking towards strategic problem solving. The OWPR conducts research on current events related to international armed conflict, civil war, as well as the military response from the international community. Published media typically involves data collected about civilian casualties, financial costs, the usage of underage combatants (child soldiers), and information regarding internally displaced people. The goal of our research is to spread awareness on the negative impact of war as well as the ineffectiveness of combative strategies in dealing with these issues.
Overview of duties
- Engage in the recruitment, hiring, and training of individuals for the OWP Europe division.
- Fill out reports regarding a summary of activities of the OWP Europe division to be submitted at the end of every week.
- Liaise with the OWP Board of Directors to improve the overall quality of the organization as a full board member with voting privileges.
Note* Training will be provided for all of these duties.
Overview of requirements
- Prospective applicants must hold a university degree or be in their final year of studies.
- Work experience is not required for this position, training will be provided to successful candidates.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to lead and manage a team of individuals
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Excellent written English skills
- Ability to work independently
*Please note: This position is unpaid.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.